Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggage forwarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone sent their luggage IE skis /boots to the destination before leaving...I have seen one or two agencies that do this
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not done it, but looked into it once before deciding against. Three risks.

Logistics failure. Probably okay if you will be staying with family or friends who live there permanently. Possibly okay if staying in a hotel or private guest-house, and if they have agreed to it in advance, and if they have a locked baggage room with concierge access. Non-starter if in chalet or SC accommodation. And that is before the possibility of late (or non-) delivery.

Damage. Probably needs more packaging than a standard ski-bag, to allow for it possibly being thrown around a cargo terminal somewhere. On the return, slightly damp skis spending say a week or more in transit might not do them any good.

Hassle with customs / import inspection, in both directions. Proving that no import duty or VAT is payable. For some countries perhaps needing to pay an inspection fee even if no duty. All of which can also result in delay. And for Europe definitely more risky since Brexit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did it a couple of times for skis only pre Brexit everything, worked efficiently, no issues.
We used Ski carriage.co.uk but, I'm not sure if they still operate.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DaveD, I import goods regularly from the USA and EU. I use DHL because they work with me. but if you use UPS they will automatically pay the import tax even if it is not required and will not release goods until you pay the taxes.

My clients moan about it if they send kit from other companies for repair because it is a nightmare.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used Sendmybag.com a number of years ago to send our skis and it worked alright, the problem we had was we were sending to a chalet and contacting them and confirming someone would be there for the delivery, I would only use it again if we were staying in a hotel or somewhere that had staff to receive them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes its very popular here but its run by Swiss railways. Not sure if i’d use it to send abroad.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The place I am sending them (skis) is a home as well as a hotel so no problem there...thanks for the responses
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it's to save baggage fees, just be aware that having them shipped will likely cost more than the excess baggage fee would.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
larry1950 wrote:
Used Sendmybag.com.

If I were doing it, I’d probably used them.

@TOLOCOMAN, maybe to also save lugging them around at the other end? And if you pack ski stuff in the shipped bags, it might allow a hand luggage only flight?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 5-05-24 22:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sure. All I was saying is don't assume it's cheaper, as I find that's often the reason people are considering it. I was just pointing out that isn't usually the case.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tried it with ski boots to NZ. Nobody told me that I would need to open the bootbag to show no phyto contamination on entry. I was actually in the airport while this was happening, but the boots were returned to the UK.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@joffy69, they’re pretty strict over there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DaveD, quite a few years ago. Used company ‘Mailboxes etc’ to send a large suitcase of ski boots and clothing for 3 people to west coast USA from UK.
Did this to save lugging it with us in Africa and Australasia. It worked well, arriving at our pre-booked hotel on the day specified.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy